The Internet, including eCommerce, is a constantly and rapidly developing field. It includes a wide range of aspects such as domain names (their registration, disputes and objections), website terms and conditions and information technology agreements.
We have a clear understanding of the need for an online presence. It forms an integral part of creating and maintaining your brand and we know that protecting it in today’s business world has never been more important.
Without a presence on the internet, your brand may as well not exist. Consumers will do an online search and if they cannot find a website, will wonder if it is a legitimate business or brand. And with the release of thousands of new generic domain name extensions onto the online space, it is important to ensure that you are one step ahead of your competitors and potential cyber-squatters by protecting domain names which are relevant to your business and brand. We do this for you.
Legal compliance is also required in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act. We are able to guide clients through these issues and provide expert advice on tailor-made solutions.
Our comprehensive e-commerce and domain name services include:
- comprehensive domain name audits and searches
- registration of generic and country specific domain names throughout the world, including the exciting new DotAfrica (.AFRICA) domain name extension
- domain name maintenance and renewals
- assistance with alternative dispute resolution procedures in South Africa and with international organisations such as WIPO, Nominet and ICANN
- assistance with proceedings within the South Africa High Court for trade mark infringement and passing-off involving domain names
- anonymous negotiations on behalf client’s involving the purchase of premium domain names; of
- the registration of trade marks with the Trade Mark Clearing House and ZADNA (.ZA Domain Name Authority)
- Trademark Clearing House Services
- Social media audits
- Website terms and conditions
- IT and escrow agreements